Friday 22 May 2009

We Can Haz Stuff!


There are actually a few articles up on www.Re-evolve.ning.com now!  We took some of the templates filled out by our Prince's Trust people to get an idea of how the site will look once we have more information on there.

It isn't perfect yet however.  I feel that the articles still look a little bland because they are just plain text in black and white.  Ideally I would like to work out a way to include colours and pictures, but that will involve some research to decide what will look right.

The other major problem with uploading templates is that you cannot simply copy and paste from Word.  All of the formating and spacing for the text has to be added in HTML and that takes extra time.  Colours and photos may also need to be added in this way.

I've also realised that I need to establish a set way for tagging pages.  At the moment I have some criteria, but it would be a good idea to set them down for other people to use.  Consistency is a good thing.  I also need to check that my guide to the basic HTML involved in this process makes sense to other people.  Coding is a little tricky and it's worth making sure everyone can do it.


These are not the codes I have in mind kitteh...

No comments: